- Senior DevOps Engineer role needed for a large financial tech review project
- Take charge of deciding what technology will help the organisation moving forward.
- Competitive day rate of $775 a day including super.
DevOps will reduce the lag and increase reliability via automation, between
code release & application deployment. There are benefits including shorter development cycles and an increase in deployment frequency. This role is a key enabler for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of Technology delivery.
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build
- management and deployment scripts and systems.
- Identify sub optimal CI/CD practices. Drive & provide recommended solutions and help teams with implementation.
- Actively facilitate continuous improvement
- Perform hands-on design and implementation of best practice CI/CD
- Apply pro-actively a CI/CD mindset and corresponding cultural transformation.
- Work with delivery teams to achieve success through the adoption of CI/CD and DevOps practices, processes and tooling.
- Influence the delivery of best practice while maintaining Software
- Engineers ownership of their Software Delivery Tools, CI/CD and DevOps capabilities.
- Identify opportunities to maximise consistency of CI/CD tooling across the enterprise
- Promote collaboration (both internal and external to Service team) of Software Delivery Tools, Continuous Delivery and DevOps usage within the organisation
- Implement and/or be responsible for Software Delivery Tool and Continuous Delivery Tool/s capabilities as in alignment with the roadmap
- Provide a stable and performing Software Delivery Tool and continuous Delivery Tool platform, leveraging enterprise tools where appropriate for the Service
- Software Delivery technical skills such as CI/CD, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software / Source Code Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of Data Centre Infrastructure (Physical/Virtual Hardware, Storage, Networks etc.)
- Platform automation tools (DB Management, AWS, Jenkins, GITHUB)
- Build and dependency management tools and practices (Ant, Gradle, Maven etc)
- Knowledge and experience with build languages
- System Engineering experience (Db-sql, Operating System, AWS etc.)
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python, Groovy, Go, Powershell, AWS CLI etc.)
- Release Management and Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.), managing versions and third-party libraries.
- Experience in deployment of APIs and Microservices.
nVision Talent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.