- Flexible working arrangements based in Melbourne
- Work for a global ticketing company managing some huge arts festivals
- Provide operational support for a market leading technology
You’ll show a passion for technology and a desire for learning as well as teaching others. You’ll also work closely with your colleagues as a team, with a sense of shared ownership to ensure client uptime is maximised, acknowledging that working outside normal office hours is sometimes required to get the job done.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work onsite at festivals and events. They will work closely with the customer facing side of the team, on occasion offering technical and operational advice to clients. The company offers a substantial investment in technology which will provides the successful applicant a unique opportunity to learn and also to influence the technological landscape of the Company.
- Maintain between 60 and 150 Linux hosts depending on client activity.
- Actively monitor systems to identify issues and taking responsibility for fixing problems as they arise as well as participating in evening and weekend on-call rota to ensure 24/7/365 support coverage.
- Maintain strong communication links with colleagues in the Systems Administration team to ensure successful knowledge sharing and task handover and assist the Systems Administration team with installation and upgrade of internal and client systems in accordance with the implementation plan.
- Maintain documentation of the current systems environment and communicate change to the environment to the team.
- Configure, install and maintain city wide box office systems and networks.
- Provide technical and operational support to clients, both remotely and onsite, in the run up to and during live events and participate in the monitoring of key customer’s assets and services to ensure continued compliance with PCI:DSS.
- Technical support of server side applications including: mail servers, phone systems, file servers, support systems and application & server monitoring systems.
- JBossAS, JBoss EAP or other Java EE container, e.g Tomcat
- Network and performance monitoring – Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Graphite, Smokeping, Observium
- MySQL/MariaDB administration (queries, maintenance & performance tuning)
- VPNs (SSL or IPSEC)
- Automated configuration management (Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualization (Qemu/Libvirt / KVM / Proxmox)
- Linux High Availability (Clusters, Heartbeat, PCS)
- Experience with dynamic routing (RIP & OSPF)
- Wide area networking and long range WiFi
nVision Talent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.