- Join an innovative Cloud Orchestration start up revolutionising to enterprise automation process.
- Great day rate of $1000 a day on offer for a 6 months contract minimum.
- Work from home or clients sites for the majority of the week.
An American based Cloud Orchestration Start Up are on the lookout for 2 Solutions Architects to join and help establish their Australian operations and focus on building cutting edge “autonomous operations” solutions for the largest service providers across the world. They have designed and built the next generation of technology in Cloud Automation that is revolutionising the way Enterprise and Service Providers deploy and operate their infrastructure, applications and services. Integrated with the latest cloud technologies the system completely changes the way IT systems are operated, saving companies millions each year, reducing MTTR, and dramatically increasing the velocity of new service creation.
You will bring solid Java object oriented development skills and a desire to explore and learn new technologies in our fast-paced, collaborative development organisation. Knowledge of UML, SYSML, and other modelling and design technologies; virtualisation, orchestration, NFV and SDN tools and products; and cloud APIs like Amazon, Azure, SoftLayer are strongly desired. You will be joining a team of expert virtualised networking and cloud automation engineers and participating in all aspects of the SDLC (design, implementation, test), as well as utilising and experimenting with the latest 3rd party application components while assessing their feasibility as integration targets. You don’t need to have lots of experience in a Solution Architect role, but must be ready to make this step in your career, must have excellent customer communications skills.
- Cable Television or Telecommunications experience
- BS/MS/PhD Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or similar
- 7-10 years of professional experience, including product development, solutions architecture, design, and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies
- Solid development (design/implement/test/diagnose) experience with Java
- Experience developing generalized reusable software components
- Knowledge of virtualization, orchestration, automation, networking, SDN, NFV, OpenStack, Amazon EC2 and similar technologies is strongly desired.
- Ability to establish and nurture long term relationships with senior level customer engineers
- Technical leader through complete project lifecycles, from early assessment through architecture, design and analysis of use cases, to the implementation and optimisation of cloud solutions based on the technology stack.
- Learn and become expert in the Companies Cloud Orchestration technology
- Learn and become proficient with the technology to develop Resource Drivers to integrate new resource managers including hypervisors, storage virtualisation controller, SDN and NVF controllers and services, service assurance tools, element managers, scripting tools, and other orchestration tools and utilities.
- Work with customers, Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to scope, design and deliver advanced customer projects based on the platform, understand emerging technology: features, tools, settings, and technical details, as well as contributing to methodology, knowledge base, training, documentation, and other activities on a regular basis
- Continuously learn and independently pursue latest technologies from internal staff and external sources.
- Work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with others as required.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate architectures, designs, status reports, verbal and written, to customers and internally to others at the company
- Help us grow our team of solutions engineers and become a technical leader, leading small teams and training other engineers.
If this opportunity is of interest please apply online or get in touch with Harrison Emmens on 0390785954.
nVision Talent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.